Friday, December 5, 2014

Miguel and Miguelito and Emilio, our tutoriong students

Arin and I are very busy with our teaching and tutoring.  I have two Miguels.  Miguel Spain is my 37 year old whom I am teaching English, although I learn just as much Spanish from him. We are trading English lessons  for cooking lessons.
Miguelito, which I call him so as to differentiate, is my 11 year old who attends Esperanza.   I am tutoring Miguelito in Spanish.  For the most part, he needs to read and then write a summary.   Luckily, I am very good at Spanish reading and spelling although not so good at speaking.

The Esperanza children are allowed on the computer to do math and have been using Mexican math websites. Today I  introduced American children's math websites in which you learn by playing games.  I received a big hug from Miguelito's friend over this, because the only math websites which they have been using at Esperanza are very dry.  Also today, Miguelito presented me with a Feliz Navidad card that he crafted.

Arin also has a student at Esperanza who speaks almost fluent English.  Once in awhile, Emilio's mother takes Arin on an excursion to the market or a festival with the family. Arin is getting a nice taste of the town and Emilio's family gets to practice English conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment